Tuesday 10 January 2012

Edge irons: you should have a try by yourselves

Sometimes I see new clubs come out, I look at the name and I think "Why would they call a club that? Did they not even bother thinking what the meaning of the word is in other languages?" In the case of the Callaway Diablo Edge Irons the powers that be over at Callaway saw fit to call their creation "Devil" which I have to say in the case of these irons is pretty accurate as they are a little devil in their own right. I spent two hours on the range with the diablo edge and shot around 200 balls before taking them out on the course and I have to say it was a good job I did because the lower sweet spot was giving me a few issues to start with. As soon as I realized what the problem was I was able to strike the ball cleanly and play a wide range of shots with no problem.

Diablo irons have what Callaway Golf are calling the "Solid Impact Sole Design" This means that the base of the club is wider and the lower leading edge design actually moves the sweet spot so if you have a nasty habit of topping the ball and can't be bothered to spend hours at the range with your pro to keep your head straight, you need these clubs. The sweet spot on these clubs is awesome. I even managed to hit a sensible six iron which is my "club to be avoided at all costs"! Overall, edge irons is a very nice set of clubs and very good for all ranges of golfer. I think you should have a try by yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment