Monday 11 July 2011

Taylormade R11 vs R9 SuperTri


At my local driving range last week I had the opportunity to try the R11 with the tp blur 65 shaft. I had seen the driver previous to this in a golf shop a few weeks back when the rep had been in explaining how it all worked to the staff. I play with a R9 Supertri with the tp motore f1 65 shaft. I play off 14 and my swing speed is around 98 - 102 mph. On good days I hit around 230 - 250 carry with appropriate roll out according to conditions.discount golf clubs The Supertri is the best driver I have ever played with. During last summer I drove a couple of short par 4s at my course which are 290 and 310. I had never done that before.

My first impression of the club was WOW!! It is something else up close, loved the white finish and how clearly you could see the face angle. I thought it was a done deal until I got the chance to hit it. It was very very good, powerful, solid, sat well behind the ball, everything you want in a driver.TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons I was hitting it just as far as my supertri but no further with similar mid trajectory. The reason I would not change right now is that i don't think it is as forgiving. On off centre strikes which are common with me throughout a bucket of balls due to lack of time to practice the R11 does not go as far as the Supertri, nor do the off centre strikes feel as good.

Now its only a small gripe and I know some of you are much better players than me who always hit the sweetspot but for me as much as i love the look of the R11 and I mean I love the look of it! Callaway FT-iZ Fairway Wood At this moment i don't think i would change. At least maybe not until they bring out a 460cc version if they do. In my opinion it is a lot of money for a very very good driver that is just not as forgiving as last years very very good driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment