Saturday 27 August 2011

Great confidence from my Ping G15 Fairway Wood





I'm excited with my Ping G15 Fairway Wood, and I get great confidence from my Ping G15 Fairway Wood. discount golf equipment I have never hit a 3 wood with such confidence and distance. I highly recommend this to a good player. If you struggle with consistency in your swing, as I sometimes do, I recommend getting a 5 or even a 7 wood. Otherwise get the 3 or 4 wood.



The G15 Fairway Woods are engineered to provide you performance and reliability from all types of lies and conditions. Each is designed with a high- forgiveness factor and optimal center of gravity location to deliver longer, TaylorMade R9 Super Tri Driver higher-launching shots. Through PING's industry-leading, custom-fitting process, you can determine your ideal combination of irons, hybrids and fairway woods to help you play your best.



The Ping G15 fairway wood shares a lot in common with the G15 driver including the external sole weight pad and a slightly longer head design which Ping says increases the MOI compared to the G10. The biggest visual change is the low profile design that features a shallow face that further lowers the centre of gravity to help increase that MOI. In our tests the G15 fairway wood performed very well and the sound and feel at impact was much more solid than the G10. At address it looks great with the new alignment aid first used in the Rapture woods, TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons which thankfully replaces the moon graphic from previous G fairways. Visually the changes to the Ping G15 are not as noticeable as the performance changes, which give a good strong flight that can be moved left and right. Whilst this club is aimed at all golfers we feel it is ideal for mid to high handicappers as the forgiveness and trajectory are excellent. For those who want a slightly lower flight then we would recommend trying out the excellent Ping i15 fairway wood.



PING G15 Fairway WoodOff the tee, Callaway X-24 HOT Irons the G15 was equally admirable and fun to use. Normally my game is to hit my driver as often as possible and suffer the consequences and the G15 forced me to change that up. It's not a mini-driver or a driver replacement but it will send the ball quite a ways down the fairway (the right shaft/head combo helps, more on that later). Speaking of shafts, you have two standard options when it comes to graphite shafts with the G15, the PING TFC149F and the Aldila Serrano 75. My G15 came with the Serrano and I found one of the best head/shaft combos for my swing in a fairway wood. Your mileage may differ but it's a pretty impressive combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment